Protecting your personally identifiable information and property is our highest priority. While our goal is to connect you with potential employers we do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to other third parties without your consent, except when providing personally identifiable information:
- - is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process internship application requests, connect with other social networking websites or enter contests); or
- - identifies job candidates, provides products or other Hiring Solutions to clients, or employers, (for example when connecting users with job or internship opportunities through our Hiring Solutions); or
- - complies with any applicable laws, regulations or enforceable government requests; or
- - enforces TalentGrade Terms and Conditions; or
- - is necessary to investigate security threats, or the fraudulent, or malicious, use of TalentGrade; or
- - protects user’s privacy or user’s property; or
- - verifies website functionality.
We also provide you with the means to control whether or not your personally identifiable information is viewable to other users through your account’s privacy settings.
TalentGrade also collects personal information such as user demographics, school, GPA, interests, employment history, videos and portfolio items. TalentGrade uses this non-personally identifiable information in different ways including placing ads, creating promotions, offering hiring solutions, conducting user analysis and improving your TalentGrade experience.
Finally, TalentGrade always welcomes user feedback about how we can improve your TalentGrade experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Personal Information and Property
Your Personally Identifiable Information includes your registration information such as your first and last name, college, major, GPA, birthday, password and email address. Optional personally identifiable information includes your address and phone number.
Your Non-personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”) includes all other intellectual property, or data, you upload, link, create or display on TalentGrade. This Personal Information might include written works, works of art, video, music, text or other property that is protected by law, in addition to your demographic information, interests, postings, friends and work history.
Your Public Information is the information you choose to share with others including information or data such as Registration Information, portfolios, interests, files, employment history and user activity.
Your Private Information is the information you choose to remain private from any other users or companies. Private information settings are available throughout your profile settings and described in our privacy options.
Your Shared Information. Users are permitted to share information for private use or public consumption. Users may choose to upload and share information not required for registration. Examples of Your Shared Information include data such as majors, minors, areas of interest, photos, written and recorded work, employment history, education level and skills.
Information Shared About You. Other users may express opinions about you, your work and your activity on TalentGrade including posting comments, voting on contests, and information shared via Third Party websites.
Information We Receive About You. We receive information about User activity including:
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with TalentGrade, such as when you look at another profile, message other users, search for a student, contest or employer, or when you click on an ad.
- When you post things like art, music, documents, photos or videos on TalentGrade, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you created the photo or video.
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access TalentGrade. This may include your cookies, IP address, location, the type of browser you use, or the pages you visit.
- We receive data whenever you visit a website associated with TalentGrade. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you're on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use.
- Sometimes we get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make TalentGrade better. For example, an advertiser may tell us how you responded to an ad on TalentGrade or on another site in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of - those ads.
Your Privacy Options
Restrict Public Information. For certain information you can adjust your account’s privacy settings to restrict what is available for public viewing. For example, portfolio pieces may be restricted from public viewing. You should familiarize yourself with our privacy options.
Remove Yourself From Hiring Solutions. Our Hiring Solutions provide employers with candidates for jobs and internships. Connecting users with job, and internship, opportunities requires that we disclose personally identifiable information to employers. However you can request that your personally identifiable information only be disclosed to employers on your request by emailing “Remove from Hiring Solutions” to us at email@example.com See the below for a full description of our Hiring Solutions.
How TalentGrade Uses Your Information
Participation in TalentGrade job competitions requires certain public information about you to be disclosed. Private information will never be disclosed without your permission. For example if you win a competition you may have to disclose certain information to receive your prize, for example a mailing address to send your prize. We may also provide personally identifiable information about contest participants to our clients and eligible employers.
We only provide data to our advertising partners after we have removed your name or any other personally identifiable information, or have combined it with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you. Similarly, we may receive data about you from our advertising partners or customers. Our advertising data is stored only after it is combined with other people's data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
As a service to our users and clients we provide employment related services including hiring consultations, customized hiring campaigns, candidate searches and hiring recommendations. Our Hiring Solutions may result in users’ public information or personally identifiable information being disclosed to Third Parties.
Users may request that their Personally Identifiable Information only be disclosed to employers on request only. To remove your Personally Identifiable Information from our hiring solutions email “Remove from Hiring Solutions” to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to fulfill your requests for paid services we may share your payment information with our payment processor.
Closing Your Account
Deleting your Account. You can delete your account by contacting our customer service at email@example.com However, TalentGrade reserves the right to retain your account information for up to 120 days including data, information and settings.
If you choose to close your TalentGrade account, we will remove your name and other Personally Identifiable Information from our publicly viewable database. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain data contributed by you if TalentGrade believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. TalentGrade may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the Services to other Users. For example, just as an email you may send to another person through an email service provider resides in that person’s inbox even after you delete it from your sent files or close your account, messages may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible. TalentGrade disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. TalentGrade does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain public profile information that has since been removed from TalentGrade’s publicly viewable database.
Compliance with Law
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information and/or information about your activities as a TalentGrade User when required by subpoena or other legal process, or if TalentGrade has a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (a) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (b) to enforce the User Agreement, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property or personal safety of TalentGrade, our Users, employees, or others.
Users Under the Age of 13 Prohibited
We do not allow users under the age of 13 to use TalentGrade. We do not knowingly solicit, encourage or allow any users under the age of 13 to register on TalentGrade. If you are a parent and suspect your child is using TalentGrade please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Protection of user’s personally identifiable information; or
- - Protection of user’s property rights.